Different Types of Car DetailingSEO BT Marketing
There are different types of car detailing. Which one is right for you? Do you need a full detail, or just a simple wash and wax? Read on to learn more about the different types of car detailing, and find out which one is right for you.
Auto detailing is a service provided by detailing shops in order to maintain vehicles clean and with a brand-new appearance. During the detailing process, a professional team carefully repairs any faulty parts in a vehicle and rids both the interior and exterior of the car from any contaminants.
There are different types of car detailing services that shops can provide. They involve any cleaning and repair done to the outside or inside of a vehicle and any methods used for restoration.
Exterior Car Detailing
With exterior car detailing, professionals take care of the outer appearance of a vehicle. This process involves any necessary vacuuming or restoring of the tires, wheels and windows of the car from the outside.
Polishing is also included in this service. To keep the car with a new appearance, it is necessary to polish and wax it, which will preserve the exterior condition of the car’s paint, remove any dents or scratches, and protect the polish – aside from providing the car with a glossy shine.
With exterior detailing, there can also be engine repair or detailing, trim painting or headlight polishing in order to keep the entirety of the outside of the car looking brand new.
Here is what is included in the exterior car detailing process:
- Washing and drying – this step involves spraying and handwashing the doors, glasses, rims and any other external parts with detergents. Car owners can also opt for a waterless cleaning method that uses only degreasers and polish.
- Claying – a clay bar helps remove any impurities and debris detergents couldn’t remove at first. This step gives the car extra cleaning.
- Polishing – once cleaned, detailers polish and wax the car in order to preserve its shine and keep the car paint in good condition.
- Sealing – by sealing, the gloss is retained in the paint of the car, leaving the vehicle with a new appearance.
Interior Car Detailing.
For the inside of a vehicle, detailers vacuum and steam-clean the floor and seats. The interior of a car can get dirty and accumulate debris and dust very quickly – and that is why it is essential to vacuum, brush, wipe and disinfect the area.
Interior car detailing involves:
- Vacuuming and brushing – seats, mats, carpets, headliners, dashboards and trunks all receive vacuuming or brushing to remove dust and dirt.
- Leather cleaning – leather seats require special soap to be shampooed and conditioned. With proper saddle soap, leather surfaces can be free of stubborn stains and dust.
- Glass cleaning – a special glass cleaner is used to keep a shiny surface not only on the outside of the car but also on the inside as well.
- Wiping – if there is any dust left, detailers vacuum the area again and wipe the car’s dashboard and windows.
- Perfuming – as a final touch, a special deodorant is sprayed in the car to leave it with a pleasant smell.
Interior car detailing is a practice that requires more time and effort than exterior car detailing – however, it is equally important. Detailing the interior of a car is beneficial for the health of the passengers inside since it frees the car from mould and any potential allergens. It also improves the air quality inside the car and helps drivers avoid accidents, thanks to the window cleaning process.
Besides, interior detailing gives drivers the impression of conducting a brand-new vehicle.
Also Read: Benefits of Mobile Car Detailing
Full Car Detailing
A full car detailing combines the vacuuming, cleaning and wiping of both the exterior and the interior of a vehicle. On some occasions, detailers can even perform a full car restoration – after providing a full car detailing service, detailers start the restoration process by conducting paint correction and window tinting.
Fancy, limited-edition cars can get what is known as a show-car detailing service. This detailing process is done to classic vehicles that will be showcased at parades and museums or serve as rare items for car enthusiasts and collectors.
For Professional Car Detailing Services, Contact Auto Detailing Pro Today
At Auto Detailing Pro, we offer detailing solutions for a variety of car models and brands, old or new. We provide paint protection, engine detailing, headlight restoration, disinfecting services – and more.
We are available every day from 7 AM to 9 PM, ready to commit to clients all over Toronto and the GTA. To know more about what we can do to keep your car well-maintained, contact us at 800-716-5668 today!